What is garbha sanskar?
1.Garbhaa sankar is a Sanskrit term, which literally means ‘education in the womb’. It is traditionally believed that a child’s mental and behavioral development starts as soon as he is conceived. His personality begins to take shape in the womb, and this can be influenced by the mother’s state of mind during pregnancy. This knowledge can be traced back to ancient scriptures and is included in the ayurveda.
2. According to garbha sanskar, your baby is able to sense and respond to outside influences like music and other sounds as well as your thoughts and feelings. That is why well-meaning elders in the family, talk about the importance of staying positive and relaxed during pregnancy.
3. Many parents found this interesting and left quite satisfied too. In Indian culture it is believed that education of real and traditional values and parenting starts right from the fetus is confirmed in the womb. This is why when anyone gets pregnant in home, the elder people advice to have positive thoughts and emotions to the pregnant woman.
4. In the Hindu epic, Mahabharata, there was a warrior named abhimanyu who is said to have learnt a war skill when he was in the womb of her mother. He could only learn to decode and enter the trap because by that time her mother felt asleep. This was one of the reasons why he was killed because he did know how to come out of trap.
5. How does garbha sanskar work?
To help a mother remain in the best possible frame of mind in the interest of her growing baby, garbha sanskar suggests a set of practices and way of life.
This includes reading or seeing things that make you happy, communicating with your baby, performing spiritual activities like pujas, meditating and eating healthily.
You may have seen a pregnant mother caressing or talking to her baby and perhaps even found it strange.
6. Benefits of garbha sanskar
The advantages of garbh sankar are not only that you educate your child and there is development of a bond between the mother and the child. In fact, this has a great impact on the health of the mother also. The positive thinking and attitude promotes physical well being of the mother
7. How to give garbh sanskar to your child
· There are many ways of educating your unborn child and some of them are mentioned here.
· Read books
o Read books that give positive feelings and thoughts and avoid books that are filled with horror or thrilling feelings.
· Positive thinking
o Think positive always. Try to retain a happy atmosphere around you. Bring only positive thoughts to your mind and think about your good times in the past or beautiful scenery or landscape or anything that makes you smile and feel happy.
· Talk to your child
o You can literally talk to your child when he or she is in your womb.
· Listening music
o When you will listen to music, it will not only sooth you, your baby will feel good and it will calm down your nerves too.
· Practice yoga
o Prenatal yoga will be of great help here. Take help from an expert and do yoga asanas under his supervision only.
o Breathing techniques and meditation also helps in developing positive thoughts and will make you feel goof from within.
If you want to get the best out of garbh sanskar, you must be very careful with your lifestyle during pregnancy. Avoid watching horror movies and also avoid very spicy or fermented food items during this period for better physical, emotional and spiritual health of the baby.